At Can-Traffic Services, we value our employees and provide a supportive work environment that fosters growth and development. We offer year round full-time work, competitive wages, ongoing training opportunities, and the chance to work with a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to excellence.
Apprentice Electricians assist with a variety of installation, maintenance and repair projects involving street lights, traffic signals, pedestrian crossovers, signage, flashing beacons and other traffic electrical devices. Labourers are an important part of our 3-5 persons crews and work year round Monday to Friday, 40+ hour weeks with opportunities for overtime. Expect periodic out of town and night shift assignments. To thrive in this role you must be a hard-working individual with some exposure to the construction industry, can show up on time everyday and work in a physically demanding environment.
If you are ready to kick-start your career as an Electrician with Can-Traffic Services Ltd., apply today and help SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME! We look forward to welcoming you to our team and embarking on this exciting journey together!
What you will do Everyday
- Work alongside our experienced Electricians to assist in the maintenance and repair of traffic signals, street lights, and other roadside infrastructure.
- Operate tools and equipment under the guidance and supervision of senior team members. This includes hand tools, power tools, and potentially larger machinery depending on your training and experience
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines at all times, ensuring your safety and the safety of your team members and the public
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized work environment. This includes removing debris, organizing materials, and ensuring tools and equipment are properly stored.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Physical stamina and the ability to perform physically demanding tasks. You should be comfortable lifting heavy objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and reliability
- Demonstrated organization skills
- High School Diploma with related experience
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- 5-year Commercial Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Air Brakes (Q Endorsement) is an asset
- Fall Protection, Standard First Aid, Aerial Work Platform are assets