Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
Can-Traffic is looking for hard working individuals that can work in a physical demanding environment, with some exposure to the construction industry.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and repair of all traffic signal systems and subsystems, pedestrian crossovers, streetlighting, flashing beacons and other traffic electrical devices, in accordance with the Alberta Control Traffic Manuals, Highway Traffic Act and the Municipal Act
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and repair of overhead traffic signage, lighting and banners
- Assist with the installation, examination, replacement, or repair of electrical wiring, distribution equipment, disconnects, breaker panels and other related devices
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of electrical equipment installations
- Maintain accurate records, including material inventory and diaries of daily activities.
- Maintain vehicles and equipment in a clean, tidy condition, make regular inspections, report deficiencies, etc. in a prescribed manner. Assists in designing and implementing maintenance procedures
- Perform other activities as directed by the supervisor such as pulling wire, pouring concrete bases, routine clean up, loading and unloading trucks, concrete and asphalt removal, manual digging, installing cable and sealant for inroad traffic sensors, operate machinery and flagging
Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to facilitate conflict resolution internally and externally
- Ability to identify opportunities and potential risks when making repair and maintenance decisions
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of OH&S Acts and Legislation
- Knowledge of roadway electrical operations
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the installation, maintenance, and repair of roadway lighting
- Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Strong computer skills
- Apprentice Electrician
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and submission of a 3-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Air Brakes (Q) is an asset
- Fall Protection
- Standard First Aid