As a Can-Traffic Bucket Truck Operator, you will assist in a variety of installation, maintenance and repair projects involving streetlights, traffic signals, pedestrian crossovers, signage, flashing beacons and other traffic electrical devices. Our Operators are an important part of our 3-5 persons crews and work 40-50 hours per week with opportunities for overtime. The majority of the of the work is completed during the day in Edmonton and the surrounding municipalities with periodic out of town and night shift assignments.
To thrive in this role you must be a hard-working individual with some exposure to the construction industry, can show up on time everyday and work in a physically demanding environment. Join our team and help “SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME”.
- Ensure safe and effective operations of a bucket truck
- Operate equipment such as, skid steer, mini hoe, mini excavator, augers, .
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and mechanical checks.
- Maintain and clean equipment
- Complete daily logbooks
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, such as pulling wire, pouring concrete bases, unloading materials, pulling trailers, rigging for lifts etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ensure safety is a top priority and adheres to and follow all rules and regulations
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- High School Diploma with a minimum 2 years related experience
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with Air Brakes (Q) and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Industry courses in equipment operating is considered an asset
- Experience operating equipment such as, skid steer, mini hoe, mini excavator, augers, pulling trailers etc. is an asset
- Fall Protection, Standard First Aid, Aerial Work Platform are assets