As a Can-Traffic, Concrete Saw Operator you will assist with installation, maintenance and repair of vehicle detection systems for live traffic operations in urban and rural areas. Our Concrete saw operators work primarily in the Edmonton and surrounding areas with some out of town work. To thrive in this role you, you must have related experience, a willingness to learn, and a great attitude. Join our team and help “SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME”.
What you will do Everyday
- Install vehicle detection systems for live traffic operations in urban and rural areas
- Operate small equipment in a safe and efficient manner to meet established standards (e.g. wall saw, core drill, flat saw, handsaws, ring saws and/or compressor tools)
- Loading and unloading equipment
- Clean and preparation of construction sites
- Operating hand and power tools of all types.
- Maintain, clean and basic daily maintenance of equipment and tools
- Perform other activities as directed by the supervisor
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ensure safety is a top priority and adheres to and follow all rules and regulations
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform strenuous work activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Ability to frequently lift, push, shovel and slide objects that typically weigh up to 50 lbs
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, and to maintain concentration and alertness for extended periods
- Mechanically minded
- High School Diploma with a minimum 2 years’ experience in construction, concrete sawing, coring and demolition
- Valid Alberta Class 5 (non GDL) driver’s license and submission of a 3-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits