Construction Foreman – Traffic Signals and Street Lighting
Can-Traffic Services Ltd.
SAFELY GUIDING YOUR FAMILY HOME
As a Construction Foreman with Can-Traffic Services, you will manage a crew of 3-5 and are responsible for coordinating, monitoring and execute the project construction plan and schedule, monitor the daily activities of project staff, materials, trades and subcontractors. Display accountability when providing responsible leadership to staff in the completion of assignments on a day-to-day operational basis while meeting workload and safety requirements. The Foreman typically works Monday to Friday starting at 7am with opportunities for overtime. Periodic out of town work (10&4 schedule) and periodic night shift work is expected. To thrive in this role you, you must have, related experience, a willingness to learn, and a great attitude. Join our team and help “SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME”.
What you will do Everyday
- Coordinate, monitor and execute project construction plan and schedule.
- Monitor the daily activities of project staff, material, trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions.
- Display accountability when providing responsible leadership to staff in the completion of assignments.
- Mentor, train, and coach staff.
- Ensure efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Assist in the resolution of issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Monitor job progress and costs and provide regular progress reporting to management.
- Manage project administrative activities including timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, purchase order coding and safety reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the Can-Traffic Services Ltd. health and safety training and reporting requirements.
- Perform periodical field inspections.
- Responsible for project site conditions including cleanliness, operations, safety, and sequencing of work.
- Assist with incident investigations or complaints and preparation of reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
- Ability to identify potential risks, determine root cause, develop actionable solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience in dealing with contractors and the public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Tech Tools, GIS as well as spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to work, days/nights/weekends and periodically work out of town
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- 3 years related experience in a supervisory role
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s licence with air brakes (Q endorsement) is an asset
- Journeyman Electrician is an asset