Can-Traffic Labourers assist with a variety of installation, maintenance and repair projects involving street lights, traffic signals, pedestrian crossovers, signage, flashing beacons and other traffic electrical devices. Labourers are an important part of our 3-5 persons crews and work year round Monday to Friday, 40+ hour weeks with opportunities for overtime. Expect periodic out of town and night shift assignments. To thrive in this role you must be a hard-working individual with some exposure to the construction industry, can show up on time everyday and work in a physically demanding environment.
What you will do Everyday
- Work alongside our experienced technicians to assist in the maintenance and repair of traffic signals, street lights, and other roadside infrastructure.
- Operate tools and equipment under the guidance and supervision of senior team members. This includes hand tools, power tools, and potentially larger machinery depending on your training and experience
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines at all times, ensuring your safety and the safety of your team members and the public
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized work environment. This includes removing debris, organizing materials, and ensuring tools and equipment are properly stored.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Physical stamina and the ability to perform physically demanding tasks. You should be comfortable lifting heavy objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and reliability
- Demonstrated organization skills
- High School Diploma with related experience
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- 5-year Commercial Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Air Brakes (Q Endorsement) is an asset
- Fall Protection, Standard First Aid, Aerial Work Platform are assets