Can-Traffic is actively recruiting a Construction Superintendent to lead the Airdrie construction team. The Superintendent is responsible for planning and coordinating amongst the project team all aspects of projects including, prime contract management, subcontract management, consultants, estimating, quality control, schedule, cost control, safety, and retains accountability of project’s final success.
Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
- Overall project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, budgets, estimates, procurement, quality, risk and control, while providing direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards
- Coordinate, schedule and sequence site work in a manner that is consistent with requirements of each project and proactively look for roadblocks and ways to accelerate progress
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Motivate, lead and work with various team players, including the client, consultants, inspectors, and subcontractors, trades people, field employees, and suppliers
- Prepare and update all project documentation including work progress, changes in scope, issues, progress billings, forecasting etc.
- Effectively communicate with project team as it pertains to the daily work activities, project milestones and schedule adherence
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching, leadership and problem-solving to lead an effective team
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
- Ability to identify potential risks, determine root cause, develop actionable solutions to meet project milestones and budget requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience in dealing with contractors and the public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Tech Tools, GIS as well as spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to work, days/nights/weekends and work frequently out of town
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- 5 years related experience in a supervisory role
- Journeyman Electrician is an asset