Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
Can-Traffic is looking for hard working individuals that can work in a physical demanding environment, possess a Class 3Q Drivers License with experience operating a Digger Derricks and other small equipment such as truck and trailer, skid steer, loader, and mini excavator. Successful candidates will work Monday to Friday, for 8-10 hours days, starting at 7am. Expect some out-of-town work and periodic night shifts.
- Ensure safe and effective operations of a digger derrick truck to dig holes, set poles and work with a variety of materials
- Complete a variety of tasks as assigned on a day-to-day basis, such as routine clean up, utility locates, pulling wire, loading and unloading trucks, concrete and asphalt removal, manual digging, and operate other small equipment such as a skid steer, trencher, and mini excavator
- Displays accountability when providing responsible leadership to a small crew in the completion of assignments on a day-to-day operational basis while meeting workload and safety requirements
- Mentors, trains, and coaches’ labourers to contribute to the development of strong and effective teams, supporting crew to be successful in their roles and gain the knowledge and skills required to advance in their field of expertise
- Performs day-to-day monitoring, maintaining, and servicing of equipment to ensure it is in proper working order and meets operating and safety standards
- Completes pre and post trip inspections, safety assessments and other related paperwork
- Perform other manual tasks as directed by the supervisor
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to safely operate and maintain relevant equipment and tools
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ensure safety is a top priority and adheres to and follow all rules and regulations
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- High School Diploma with a minimum 3 years previous related experience
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Driver’s Licence with air brakes (Q) and submission of a 3-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits