Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posted 2 weeks ago
As a Heavy Duty Mechanic with Can-Traffic Services, you will perform preventive maintenance, perform diagnostics and make repairs on equipment in the safest, most effective way possible to avoid downtime. Our fleet primarily consist of bucket trucks, digger derricks, medium to heavy duty on highway vehicles and general construction tools and equipment. Our Mechanics typically work Monday- Friday, 9 hour days in a shop environment. To thrive in this role you, you must have mechanical knowledge, related experience, a willingness to learn, and a great attitude. Join our team and help “SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME”.
What you will do Everyday
- Inspect, identify, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and modify systems, components, accessories and attachments (including checking for wear/damage/ defects/ problems, analyzing performance and function, servicing, replacing, reprogramming, reconditioning, exchanging, adjusting, replacing and aligning).
- Work on multiple systems such as: engines, fuel, electrical, hydrostatic and transmission, suspension, hydraulic, transmissions, and engine management, climate control, intake exhaust and emission control, steering, braking, drive, structural components, frames and undercarriages as well as ground engaging equipment.
- Assist with coordination, scheduling, and auditing vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to trucks, trailers, and equipment.
- Assist with CVIP inspection on required equipment.
- Ensure coordination of required parts are pre-ordered/ ordered for weekend repairs.
- Examine inspections, prepare reports, work orders and checklists for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment inspected or repaired.
- Displays accountability when providing responsible leadership to apprentices in the completion of assignments on a day-to-day operational basis while meeting workload and safety requirements.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches’ apprentices to contribute to the development of strong and effective teams, supporting the apprentices to be successful in their roles and gain the knowledge and skills required to advance in their field of expertise.
- Promote a health and safety culture within the maintenance team to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- From time to time you will be required to receive off duty phone calls to assist mechanical staff in trouble shooting requirements.
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of company’s assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to facilitate conflict resolution internally and externally.
- Negotiation skills, with a focus on best-value and fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Ability to identify opportunities and potential risks when making repair and maintenance decisions.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Valid Alberta Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with air brakes (Q endorsement) is an asset
- CVIP Inspection Certificate
- Fall Protection
- Standard First Aid
- Aerial Work Platform