As a Can-Traffic, Labourer you will assist with the installation, maintenance and repair of traffic signal systems, subsystems, pedestrian crossovers, street lighting, flashing beacons and other traffic electrical devices. To thrive in this role you, you must have related experience, a willingness to learn, and a great attitude. Join our team and help “SAFELY GUIDE FAMILIES HOME”.
What you will do everyday
- Complete a variety of tasks as assigned on a day-to-day basis, such as routine clean up, loading and unloading trucks, concrete and asphalt removal, manual digging, installing cable and sealant for inroad traffic sensors, operate machinery and flagging.
- Ensure safe and effective operations of equipment such as operating equipment, skid steer, loaders, augers, pulling trailers, rigging for lifts etc.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and mechanical checks.
- Maintain and clean equipment when finished using it.
- Perform other activities as directed by the supervisor
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ensure safety is a top priority and adheres to and follow all rules and regulations
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to perform strenuous work activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to workdays/nights/weekends or out of town if necessary
- Ability to frequently lift, push, shovel and slide objects that typically weigh up to 50 lbs
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, and to maintain concentration and alertness for extended periods
- Mechanically minded
- High School Diploma with previous related experience in construction
- Valid Alberta Class 5 (non GDL) driver’s license and submission of a 3-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Class 3 is an asset
- Air Brakes (Q) is an asset
- Skid Steer experience is an asset
- Standard First Aid is an asset