Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
Can-Traffic is looking for hard working individuals that can work in a physical demanding environment, possess a Class 3Q Drivers License, with some exposure to the construction industry operating a variety of equipment such bucket trucks, trailers, knuckle booms, skid steer, loaders, excavator, augers, pulling trailers, and other small construction equipment.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of a variety of equipment such bucket trucks, trailers, knuckle booms, skid steer, loaders, excavator, augers, pulling trailers, rigging for lifts etc.
- Monitor, maintain and service equipment to ensure it is in proper working order and meet operating and safety standards
- Loading and unloading equipment
- Clean and preparation of construction sites
- Operating hand and power tools of all types
- Maintain, clean and basic daily maintenance of equipment and tools
- Perform daily preventative maintenance and mechanical checks.
- Filling out logbooks
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed such as pulling wire, pouring concrete bases, unloading materials etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and interact in a positive manner with internal and external customers
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to work days/nights/weekends and out of town if necessary
- High School Diploma with a minimum 1 year experience operating, servicing and maintaining bucket trucks, trailers, knuckle booms, skid steers, digger derricks, loaders, and mini hoes
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s Licence and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Class 3 Driver’s Licence is an asset
- Air Brakes (Q-endorsement) is an asset
- Industry courses in equipment operating is an asset
- Fall Protection, Standard First Aid, Aerial Work Platform are assets