Can-Traffic’s Scheduler/Planner will take a role in scheduling work for a high volume of street lighting and traffic signal projects. This position is responsible for coordinating with project managers, divisional managers, superintendents and some trades (i.e.. internal hydrovac or TAS), to ensure projects remain on track and may also manage conflicts, solve challenges, and submit status update reports. This position will collaborate with various levels of supervision to ensure that projects with construction and maintenance activities are scheduled, planned and executed safely and thoroughly.
- Create and maintain effective and efficient detailed execution task list’s, job plans & packages and libraries that identify all requirements including all specialty tools, all labor, materials, and external services
- Assists with controlling the project schedule by providing the following; project scheduling, baseline development, progress and schedule updates, schedule impact analysis, manpower analysis, critical path analysis etc.
- Ensure the required information from the identified resources are included in multidisciplinary jobs
- Accurately identify and schedule all parts, tools, resources and special equipment and sequencing required to execute each job
- Sequence the job to ensure maximum tool time and minimize equipment down time
- Participate in interactive planning sessions and hold meetings with Construction and Maintenance to review and adjust preliminary schedules
- Develop the sequence and lead time to align with the client’s forecasted master schedule.
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
- Analyzing risks to project schedules and identify unplanned events (new changes/ unforeseen conditions) and incorporate their impacts into the schedule.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to develop revision or recovery schedules as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Detail‐oriented, strong organizational skills, and able to establish goals and objectives within designated time frames.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to problem solve and effectively identify issues to develop and implement solutions for resolution.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in scheduling software
- Ability to travel
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or equivalent degree/work experience.
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T) with APEGA or Registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with ASET is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.