Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posted 2 weeks ago
The Project Administrator plays an important role in the successful execution of projects, working alongside the Can-Traffic Maintenance team. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the prompt and accurate entry of project data. Key areas of focus include time entry and work ticket creation, maintaining logs, generating daily and weekly reports, billing & customer invoice submission and supporting the maintenance team in other areas as required.
What you will do everyday
- Accurate and efficient data entry of daily labour, equipment, material costs and 3rd Party charges into a custom costing/billing database
- Ensure project costs are allocated correctly to the corresponding job number and cost code
- Entry of 3rd party charges into database in accordance with Subcontractor agreements including PO receiving
- Open, manage, close work orders (WO) and purchase orders (PO); ensure process is followed
- Provide support for contract setup, material orders and determining cost of materials for budgeting purposes
- Review and understand project scope of work, work breakdown structure and contractual documents
- Interface with vendors and clients as required
- File Invoicing, Purchase Orders, Specification Sheets, Work Orders, etc.
- Act as liaison between administrative staff and management
- Ensure field paperwork is completed accurately and submitted on time
- Collect and ensure that all site personnel have all required documentation and training prior to arrival on site.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to show initiative and be a self-starter
- Proficient in the MS suite: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multitask, and adhere to deadlines, even in high pressure situations.
- Knowledge of basic payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Highschool diploma, with 5 years related experience and related administrative support experience.
- Certificate from a recognized Office Administration, Accounting or Finance Program is an asset
- Formal project or construction management training is an asset