Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
The Project Coordinator anchors the project team and partners with Operations in daily task management, crew coordination, scheduling as well as phase and milestone tracking. The successful candidate must be a problem solver who can think on their feet. The Project Coordinator manages the administrative tasks, such as document and information distribution, report collation and communication support.
- Work with Street Light and Traffic Light divisions within the Maintenance department to coordinate scheduled work
- Work with management to ensure that all required material and resources are available at the appropriate time to prevent project delays.
- Work extensively with Operations and liaise with inter-departmental stakeholders to ensure project milestones are communicated and achieved
- Take part in project meetings to review the completion of a job, ensure that all deficiencies are completed, and that project was provided in a high-quality manner consistent with our Project Methodology
- Develop in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, outcomes
- Communicate effectively with trades and ensure that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements are met.
- Generate and maintain request for information between field supervision, client, and subcontractor
- Maintain records of change managements
- Coordinate change order issuing, updating and submissions.
- Submit project invoices (progresses) to Owners / General Contractors
- Thorough project documentation and reporting
- Knowledge of industry best practice
- Other duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to facilitate conflict resolution internally and externally
- Ability to review specifications and drawings to gather project information and develop project plans.
- Ability to plan, schedule and assign work of crews including training and communication updates
- Ability to create, understand and manage complex budgets.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of OH&S Acts and Legislation
- Comprehensive understanding of the Alberta Electrical Code.
- Proficient in the MS suite: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Post-secondary completion or Journeyman certification in electrical, construction management, engineering, or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- 3-5 years experience scheduling, coordinating and supporting field service crews
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.