Can-Traffic is actively recruiting a Project Manager to lead the Airdrie Can-Traffic team. The project manager is responsible for planning and coordinating amongst the project team all aspects of construction and maintenance projects including, prime contract management, subcontract management, consultants, estimating, quality control, schedule, cost control, safety, and retains accountability of project’s final success.
Since 1978, Can-Traffic Services has been a leader in traffic signal design and installation. Our team includes engineers, electricians, tradesmen, and technicians dedicated to keeping traffic flowing and safely guide your family home. With 45+ years of technical expertise and experience to draw upon, our field teams deliver a first rate, safety conscious, and efficient service.
At Can-Traffic, our adept, professional crews, and field teams are expected to respond to all types of traffic dynamics at all hours of the day. From Emergency Response to street light maintenance. Our team of dedicated individuals work together to achieve where others cannot. Their ambition, combined with a strong support network of people and resources from Can-Traffic Corporate is why they succeed. Their commitment to quality is what gives Can-Traffic the strong and recognized reputation it enjoys.
- Overall project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, budgets, estimates, procurement, quality, risk and control, while providing direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards
- Overall accountability for the Construction and Maintenance Management work process
- Coordinate, schedule and sequence site work in a manner that is consistent with requirements of each project and proactively look for roadblocks and ways to accelerate progress
- Coordinate and oversee subcontractors and contractor agreements
- Motivate, lead and work with various team players, including the client, consultants, inspectors, and subcontractors, trades people, field employees, and suppliers
- Prepare and update all project documentation including work progress, changes in scope, issues, progress billings, forecasting etc.
- Effectively communicate with project team as it pertains to the daily work activities, project milestones and schedule adherence
- Work with the project team to define constraints and priorities for each week
- Prepare, monitor and update project schedules
- Chair project and site meetings
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions
- Conduct project completion meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching, leadership and problem-solving to lead an effective team
- Ability to be adaptable, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
- Ability to identify potential risks, determine root cause, develop actionable solutions to meet project milestones and budget requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience in dealing with contractors and the public
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution internally and externally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Tech Tools, GIS as well as spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to work days/nights/weekends and work frequently out of town
- Degree or diploma in construction management, engineering, or other relevant discipline with a minimum 10 years of construction related experience
- Journeyman Electrician is an asset
- Project Management Certificate is an asset